Quinta do Javali is a small wine property with 18ha dedicated to vines. It sits on the left bank of the Douro river, in the parish of Nagozelo do Douro, a place with vineyard tradition since the beginning of the production of Port wine for export, in the late 17th, early 18th centuries.
The property is comprised of a small quay in the river, which was simultaneously used as a wharf for loading the typical rabelo boats; as well as a small rustic house (cottage), fully rebuilt, which displays an inscription found in the door threshold dating from 1839. The typical and old Douro terrace walls in the property are witness to the history of the vineyard.
The North - East exposure/orientation of the slope of the property, as well as the schistose soil with vertical diaclasites, which allow the vine roots to penetrate to unthinkable depths, with a consequent complexity of benefits for the vine, provide to Quinta do Javali with exceptional qualities for the production of the finest PORT and DOURO DOC wines.