Real Companhia Velha is the oldest and most emblematic wine company in Portugal, having celebrated this year 258 years of existence. Following the gently sloping contours of the Douro River, Quinta dos Aciprestes has seen a complete re-plantation of its vineyards, with the noblest varieties of the region.

QUINTA DOS ACIPRESTES | GRANDE RESERVA | SOUSAO | RED | 2014 | DOC DOURO

SKU: RCV/RED/SOU/14
S$94.50Price
Bottle or Case
  • Sousão! A powerful Red that assembles all the characteristics of this famed varietal allied to the Quinta dos Aciprestes Terroir. This variety has been present in the region for many years, but very rarely used as a single varietal wine. We believe this wine will transmit yet another style of Douro as well as our passion to discover the singularities of each grape.

     

    Grape:

    Sousao

     

    Vintage:

    2014

     

    Appelation:

    DOC Douro


    Country:

    Portugal

     

    Colour:

    Deep, profound red colour, hints of green.

     

    Aroma:

    Fine fruit, spices and coffee grain, offering immense aromatic complexity.

     

    Aging:

    30% of the wine ages in new French oak barrels for 18 months, while the remaining 70% ages in used French oak barrels.

     

    Tasting Notes:

    Vivid yet round tannins and finally characterized but a very lively acidity, which again is typical in Sousão

     

    Food Pairing:

    Recommend char grilled beefs, Pheasants, Quail, Coq au Vin, Blue Cheese, Pizza, Cold Cuts.

     

    Technical:

    Alcohol: 13.5% Vol

     

    The Year of 2014:

    2014 was characterized by both: the high levels of percipitation, mostly during the months of January, February, July and September, and a significant climatic instability during the summer period with thunderstorms occuring in the months of June and July. As a consequence of the climatic conditions, grape maturation tests were showing a two-week advance in the plants’ phenology, with grapes revealing good levels of sugar and acidity. Rainfall registered in mid September caused a delay in the harvest up to mid October. Although faced by dificult conditions during the harvest period, the grapes showed well and this ended up being a good year. The wines are not the most concentrated the Douro has seen, nevertheless they reveal themselves very fresh and elegant.

 
  • WINE ADORE INSTAGRAM
  • WINE ADORE FACEBOOK
  • WINE ADORE TWITTER
  • WINE ADORE LINKEDIN
  • WINE ADORE YOUTUBE

Wine Adore Pte Ltd 10 Anson Rd, International Plaza, Singapore 079903

©2019 by Wine Adore