Real Companhia Velha is the oldest and most emblematic wine company in Portugal, having celebrated this year 258 years of existence. Following the gently sloping contours of the Douro River, Quinta dos Aciprestes has seen a complete re-plantation of its vineyards, with the noblest varieties of the region.

QUINTA DOS ACIPRESTES | GRANDE RESERVA | TALHAO 14 |T.N|RED | 2015 | DOC DOURO

SKU: RCV/RED/TAL/15
S$152.50Price
Bottle or Case
  • Considered to be the star grape of Portugal, Touriga Nacional is one of the most planted grape varieties at Quinta dos Aciprestes. From all the individual parcels of Touriga Nacional at this Estate, number 14, which covers less than 1ha, stands out for it’s low vigour, producing an immensely aromatic and concentrated red, which inspired us to do this outstanding limited edition.

     

    Grape:

    Touriga Nacional

     

    Vintage:

    2015

     

    Appelation:

    DOC Douro

     

    Country:

    Portugal

     

    Colour:

    Deep profound violet, with hues of blueberry, plum min and wet slate.

     

    Aroma:

    Blackberries, Spices, Vanilla, Leather and Straw offering immense aromatic complexity.

     

    Aging:

    Fermentation occurs in stainless steel “Lagares” after the traditional foot-treading process. 30% of the wine ages in new french oak barrels, while the remaining 70% age in used french oak barrels. 

     

    Tasting Notes:

    A Touriga that primes for elegance and a classic style with very intense citric and red fruit notes combined with hints of vanilla from its ageing. On the palate, reveals itself fine and elegant, rich in fruit flavours and a powerful and concentrated structure. Finishes clean and persistent with a very lively acidity.

     

    Food Pairing:

    Recommend braised pork, dry Indian dishes, Moroccan style lamb beef dishes, spicy and aromatic dishes, tangy flavoured foods can work well.

     

    Technical:

    Alcohol: 13% Vol

     

    The Year of 2014:

    2014 was characterized by both: the high levels of precipitation, mostly during the months of January, February, July and September, and a significant climatic instability during the summer period with thunderstorms occurring in the months of June and July. As a consequence of the climatic conditions, grape maturation tests were showing a two-week advance in the plants’ phenology, with grapes revealing good levels of sugar and acidity. Rainfall registered in mid-September caused a delay in the harvest up to mid-October. Although faced by difficult conditions during the harvest period, the grapes showed well and this ended up being a good year. The wines are not the most concentrated the Douro has seen, nevertheless they reveal themselves very fresh and elegant.

 
  • WINE ADORE INSTAGRAM
  • WINE ADORE FACEBOOK
  • WINE ADORE TWITTER
  • WINE ADORE LINKEDIN
  • WINE ADORE YOUTUBE

Wine Adore Pte Ltd 10 Anson Rd, International Plaza, Singapore 079903

©2019 by Wine Adore